Surprisingly, it tasted OK. If you were utterly desperate for chocolate cake, you could do worse. The 5-minute timing gives it a distinct advantage over many other recipes.
- It doesn't taste very chocolaty. I used Ghirardelli cocoa, which apparently included ground chocolate rather than being pure cocoa. Next time, something better?
- It tastes a bit oily (I used rice bran oil, which doesn't taste of much). Melted butter ought to be a good substitute. Cake must have butter in it!
- It could do with a bit of salt. Just a pinch.
- The texture is surprisingly good. Steam leavening, apparently.
- It could do with frosting... Nutella, perhaps?
- This cake is for times of cake starvation, not for weddings or similarly special occasions.