May 07, 2009

Quick recipe: what-I-had-on-hand BBQ glaze

I needed to cook a small amount of BBQ chicken for kids and wanted to make it more interesting. I couldn't be bothered to look up a recipe, so I grabbed some things that I thought ought to work. I know nothing of what goes into a good BBQ glaze, nor anything about BBQ sauce theory, but I do know that my fussy little eaters were asking for more. Measurements are approximate.

2 parts Dijon Mustard
2 parts Ketchup
3 parts Orange Juice
1 part Maple Syrup

Mix together thoroughly in a jug or bowl. Brush onto chicken or asparagus while it grills. Sprinkle salt to taste.

For the adults I reckon a generous splash of Tapatio sauce will make it quite a bit more interesting.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.




No comments: